Food Addiction and Disordered Eating Support (FADES)
For women who struggle with food addiction or disordered eating – from emotional eating, food restriction, and bulimia to binge eating or compulsive overeating
NEW DATE: 6 weekday evenings
Dates TBA, 2018, 7:30-9:30pm
In this weight-crazed and image obsessed society, many people experience some form of irregular eating patterns. But for some, it can turn into a more serious concern.
- Offers support to women who could benefit from some professional guidance within a small group of peers in a safe setting, at a low cost. It is not a substitute for psychotherapy.
- Is aimed at women who:
- Want to come to terms with their emotional, restrictive, bulimic or overeating patterns
- Have completed an eating disorder treatment program and would like some additional support for a while
- Have not gone to a treatment program but don’t want to do it all alone anymore
- Want some peace of mind about food, eating and weight-related issues
- Is professionally led by a trained, experienced facilitator and Registered Psychotherapist involved
in the recovery process for over 30 years
- Provides a safe space among a small group of women to give and receive support
- Offers a place to increase your self-awareness, self-knowledge and understanding of why and how you use or abuse food
- Is a place to learn (or continue learning) how best to manage difficult situations and to learn how to make the changes you want
When: 6 sessions
Time: 7:30-9:30pm on 6 weekday evenings
Dates: TBA 2018
Cost: $150 for 6 sessions: $130 if you register and make a deposit* by TBA, 2018
Where: mid-Toronto – walking distance from Eglinton West subway (Spadina line)
Register: Fill out the contact form and phone Natalie 416-654-6453.
Note: This group is not a replacement or substitute for therapy.
A phone consult will be required to ensure that the group is an appropriate setting for each participant.
* Payment options: cheque, email transfer, PayPal
Additional FADES series: TBA